Details needed to make a transfer
You can complete a bank deposit to Colombia quickly and easily. All you need to do is:
Enter recipient’s details
- Full name (including all given names and surnames)
- Recipient’s bank name
- Account type (Saving or Checking)
- Account number
Pay for your transfer
You can easily pay for your transfer with the following:
- Debit or credit card (maximum amount 12,000 GBP/13,500 EUR)
- Bank transfer by logging into your online banking
- SOFORT payments when sending from Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy and The Netherlands
- iDEAL when sending from The Netherlands
Please note that:
- You can only use your own card to pay
- If using online banking to pay for your transfer, always send money from an account in your name and include the reference number
Enabling international transfers (recipient)
The Colombian government requires all recipients to complete a form which enables them to receive international payments. This only has to be done once before receiving their first transfer from abroad.
Bancolombia provides an online service called “Abono Automático” to enable international transfers. This can be done in your recipient’s online banking.
BBVA Colombia customers will need to visit their local bank and fill out the form in person.
We recommend doing this before making a transfer to make sure the transfer is completed without a delay.
Minimum amount: 10 GBP
Maximum amount: 5,300 GBP
Accumulated monthly/yearly limit: 6,999 USD/ 28,000 USD.
Minimum amount: 10 GBP
Maximum amount: 1,900 GBP
Accumulated monthly limit: 9,000 USD.
If you need to send higher amounts to Colombia, we might request additional details from you to process the transfer.
Once we have received your payment, we will immediately process your transfer.
Most transfers are delivered on the same day to your recipient’s bank in Colombia. Please note that it can sometimes take a few hours to appear in your recipient’s bank account.
Your transfer might take longer than usual to be delivered if your recipient didn’t enable their account to receive international payments.
You can currently send money to Bancolombia and BBVA.
Alternatively, you can use our cash pick-up service and your recipient can pick up money from any branch of the following partners:
- Financiera Pagos
Transfering money to a company
We currently don’t support business transfers to Colombia.